Ahead of becoming an Urban District Council in 1915, Bundoran Town Commissioners were first elected.
Large numbers of people from Omagh, Enniskillen, Clones and Belturbet were drafted into the town to superficially increase its population. To facilitate this, the Great Northern Railway Company provided free weekend passes for Bundoran‘s newest inhabitants. The increased numbers on the census returns meant that Bundoran would now be able..Read More
An updated spire is installed on the catholic church (lengthened by 15 courses of Newry granite) and the organ is also installed.
The Annual Meeting of the International Football Association Board was held in the Great Northern Hotel
St Joseph’s Boys Orphanage built
St Martha’s Orphanage for girls is built – it was funded by the Sarah Crudden Trust.
Improvements to the altar and altar rail at the Catholic Church were made.
Possibly one of the most famous bars in Ireland opened its doors for the first time on St Patrick’s Day 1900.
Bayview Terrace was constructed by the Ascendancy – Today, their lingering legacy can be found in places and names like Hamilton Hall, Brighton Terrace, Rennison‘s Lane and Pages Café (originally a tearoom). The terrace was built by the Kane family. The original post office was in #2.
While still under British rule, the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers were stationed at Finner Camp