The 2nd annual Discover Bundoran Photography Competition will happen over the weekend of the 3rd – 5th October 2014 in association with Cara Pharmacy and the North West Photographic Club.
Photographers (amateur & professional/club members & individuals) from all over the country will be invited to attend the weekend in Bundoran, photograph the area and compete against each other to win prizes like camera equipment, film processing and hotel breaks.
Format of the weekend:
The competition period is from 9am Friday 3rd October until 4pm on Saturday 4th October.
Participants must register at the Cara Pharmacy on Main Street, Bundoran to receive their welcome pack which will include details of events going on in the area that could be photographed, also maps and information on the surrounding area and suggested locations with directions to same.
Photos can be submitted for printing up to 4pm on Saturday 5th October. They must be entered into the competition then at the Great Northern Hotel by 6pm. (This will allow time for photos to be put on display in the hotel for judging which will take place between 7 and 8pm.
Saturday 4th October
16:00 – deadline for printing of photos
18.00 – deadline for receipt of entries at hotel
19:00 – pre-banquet drinks reception and viewing of entries (judging also takes place at this time)
20:00 – banquet
21:30 – awards presentation
22:00 – entertainment until late
- Landscape/Scenery – a wealth of beauty awaits you in Bundoran and Donegal. This category will recognise the landscapes of the area including sea and mountains.
- Sport/Action – a number of sporting events will be happening across the weekend but this category is not restricted to them. It can include golf, football, horse-riding, soccer, rugby etc. Surfing/Watersports is not included in this category.
- Surf/Watersports – Bundoran is home to the greatest surf in Ireland from beach to reef breaks, you’ll find it all here. So good is the surf here that we were honoured to host the European Surfing Championships in September of 2011. Shots entered into this category can be of professional surfers and also amateurs/surf lessons/surf schools.
- Nature/Wildlife – Animals, flowers, plants, trees etc all come under this heading and can all be found in plentiful supply in town and within a short drive from Bundoran.
- Culture/Heritage – photos entered into this category should capture the culture/heritage of the town or the area. Photos can include architecture and history.
- Open – for everything else that isn’t included in the categories above!
Overall – a prize will be given to one overall winner from the winning photos from each category above.
- All photos must be taken during the competition period outlined above in the general Bundoran/South Donegal/Donegal Bay area
- 1 entry per person per category
- Entries must be submitted on hard copy (12 x 8) with entry form and subsequently via email for display on the screens on the night and for prize-giving purposes that evening.
- Each print submitted must have a LABEL ON THE BACK, with the photograph title, when and where the image was taken, name and address of entrant, telephone no. and email address. No personal information will be used outside of its necessity for the competition.
- The submitted photograph(s) must be accompanied by the relevant entry form. The entrant must be the author of the photograph(s) submitted.
- In the case of events “arranged” for the competition, authorisation will be sought from the organisers for use of people within photos – a list of events and organisations from which permission has been sought will be made available to competitors. However, outside of this, the entrant must obtain any releases or authorisations required, which are the sole responsibility of the entrant. If a photograph contains a readily identifiable person as a subject, the entrant must ask permission to use their image(s) and have them, or their parent or guardian, sign the waiver on the entry form.
- The photograph(s) submitted must not be defamatory, offensive or obscene or violate or infringe on the trademark, copyright, publicity, privacy or other rights of any third party.
- In submitting photograph(s) to this competition the entrant irrevocably grants to Discover Bundoran and its employees, officers and assigns (hereinafter referred to as “RELEASED PARTIES”), the right to use, reproduce, distribute, publish and publicly display the photograph(s)(without logo or watermark) that are the subject of this Agreement for any purpose in relation to the promotion of Bundoran and this competition in future and to attach the entrant’s name to the photograph(s).
The cost of the weekend, which includes 2 night’s bed and breakfast, banquet dinner plus entry into the competition is €115 per person.
For those who are local to Bundoran (non-resident of the hotel) the cost is €40 which includes competition entry and also banquet dinner.
Last year’s winning photographs
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]