New acts for Sea Sessions lineup
New acts such as The Mary Wallopers, Oscar Blue and Lucy McWilliams are joining headliners Kasabian, Becky Hill and The Coronas at the biggest beach party in Ireland!
With the new additions and just over 11 weeks to go – Sea Sessions jam-packed lineup now includes:
Friday Jun 16th. Kasabian, Inhaler, Ben Hemsley, Le Boom, 49th & Main, Pete & Bas, Hannah Laing, Brad Heidi, Crazy P Soundsystem, Fya Fox, Jerry Fish (MC) Jordan Nocturne, Meryl Streek, Monjola, The Florentinas, The K’s, Colin Perkins, Brother Theresa and Goodtime Coley.
Sat Jun 17th sees Becky Hill, Moncrieff, Obsúr, King Kong Company, Girls of the Internet, January Winters, Jack Botts, Jen Payne, Jessica Doolan, Lucy McWilliams, Khakikid, Oscar Blue, Paper Tides, Post-Party, Ricky Chong, The Rosecaps, Thumper and Zaska
Sun Jun18th rounds things off with The Coronas, Groove Armada, The Mary Wallopers, Josef, Ryan Mack, Grooverider & MC Fokus, Aimée, Cruel Sister, Dave Duke, EFÉ, Katie Phelan, Kingfishr, Lavengro, Mathman, Skaar, Somebody’s Child, Volleyball, Zion Train, Bruising Shins and Faceplant.
Tickets for Ireland’s biggest Beach Party are on sale now from from www.ticketmaster.ie and www.seasessions.com. Tickets are priced from €139.90 for 3 days and €174.90 to include 4 nights camping. There are limited single day tickets available from €69.90 + VIP Bar Weekend Upgrades for €60.
Festival Director Ray O’Donoghue says: “With literally weeks to go to the festival things are really hotting up and the plans are in full swing. We’ve had nothing but positive vibes about our lineup and with these new additions we know it’s only going to get better. We’ve sold the festival out every year for the last 10 years so we expect this year to be no different. “
Sea Sessions Surf & Music Festival, is not only a Music festival with a Surf Competition, Beach Sports, Skating, BMXing, Beach Yoga and loads more daytime activities to choose from – the festival stands out from the regular music festival and indeed has received worldwide praise for its uniqueness. Sea Sessions has gone from strength to strength and has firmly established itself as one of the most important dates on the Irish Festival circuit. Even RTE figured “it might just be the best festival in Ireland.”
Over the years such international luminaries as Primal Scream, Clean Bandit, Paul Weller, Bastille, Kelis, Basement Jaxx and loads more have graced Sea Sessions Surf & Music Festival stages. Supported by and working with Donegal County Council and Failte Ireland the event has become an important kick start to the tourist season for the capital of Irish surfing, Bundoran in “the coolest place on the planet” Donegal.
Here’s some Fun Facts and Figures about Sea Sessions:
1. 2008 was the first ever Festival. It basically started as an after-party for a Surf Competition which grew legs. It’s gone from those humble beginnings to be one of Ireland’s top music festivals.
2. Picture This played their first ever festival at Sea sessions back in 2016 less than 3 years later they played to 70,000 people over 5 nights in the 3Arena.
3. GD+ Fuel for Sustainability This year will see Sea Sessions use only GD+ Fuel. For all generators, power and machinery. This is made from renewable feedstocks and reduces pollutants by up to 80-90% including Carbon emissions by up to 90%.
4. Big wave surfers, the likes of Conor Maguire and Geared McDaid, regularly compete in Sea Sessions Expressions Sessions Surf Competition. The biggest Surf Competition of its kind in the country.
5. The Festival moves to Tullan Strand just above the beach known as a Surfers Paradise. It’s also one of the most scenic parts of the country. The 2km beach has views across to County Sligo and Donegal’s Slieve League Cliffs, you can see why it’s called Surfers Paradise. .
6. It’s the only festival in Ireland to incorporate Beach Sports with the likes of Beach Volley Ball, 5 a side Soccer, Tag rugby and even Yoga.
7. It’s the only festival to host some of the world’s top Skaters and BMX’ers on the infamous Sea Sessions Skate Ramps.
8. President Higgins once visited the festival way back in 2013. He loved it so much he even had a go on a BMX. Not sure he performed on the ramp though.
9. The legendary Muddy Waters son Mud Morgandfield (aka Muddy waters Jnr) once performed at the festival and the Festival Director even jumped up with his guitar and played a tune with him.
10. Every year hosts the Unsigned Sessions where upcoming bands get the chance to compete to perform at the festival. The Riptide Movement are one the previous winners who went on to headline a stage many years later.
The Bundoran Weekly Podcast
Check out the latest episode of our weekly podcast below! To find out more click www.bundoranweekly.com